Saturday, November 26, 2005

Thanksgiving Weekend

Okay, one small post before I hit the mean, icky, bad, week from the seventh level of hell (you know, the one without the great view of the river Styx).

From Monday to Wednesday morning at 11 AM, I did 36 hours at work. I was tired. I was exhausted. BUT, I made everyone happy. That is what I do, I make people happy. I left work a little early since it was supposed to be my vacation day anyway. I met Ms. S'ghetti for a little midday rendez vous, and so she could help me take my truck over to Brian and Mark's place. (BTW - Massive Thanks You goes out to Brian and Mark for their help! Love you! Mean it! ) I spent a few hours with Ms. S'ghetti and thought that I was going to go home and rest a bit. To be honest, after she dropped me off at my place, I am not quite sure what happened. It was all a haze. I think I did a load of laundry and cleaned up the place. Not sure.

I know I went to bed around 9 pm and called it an evening. Several people had tried to get me to go out and 'party' but I decided against it. So I slept. I slept until 3 pm Thanksgiving day. I LOVED it! I NEEDED it! I finally got my butt up and took a quick shower. A friend had called and I snuck over to his house to snack on his left overs before heading back to my house to take a nap. I napped for an hour or so before getting back up. I was a tad bit restless so I went out to meet a few friends and roam around the bars. It was tragic. I would have like to have been at home watching a good movie. Even better, found a cuddle buddy and just snuggled and watch movies. But I enjoyed the company and enjoyed the fun.

Friday and Saturday was 'helping friends' type of day. One bought a fixer upper Juke Box (he repairs them) and I helped get it back to his house. The other was a bitch session. He needed to vent. But he needed to vent without everyone knowing his business. I pride myself on the fact that if you tell me things, I do not repeat them. My motto has always been, "If you were not there, then you do not need to know." That motto has served me well. And when I have overstepped my boundaries and repeated something I should not have (I can count 3 times so far that I have done this), I am honest about it. I let the person know and take the consequences. It would be bad to have them blindsided or told by another. It is difficult to tell someone you betrayed their confidence, but you have to. At least I think so. Anyway, he got it all out of his system. He smiled, and thanked me and went on his merry way. I wish him peace (he knows who he is).

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I give thanks to all of my friends: those here in Dallas that I can see, those out in virtual land that I can chat with and e-mail, and to my family (without them I would be lost. They give me the strength to continue in all that I do, and all that I can conceive that I will do. I love them with all my heart).

1 Comments:

At November 29, 2005 10:17 AM, Blogger buff said...

Sounds like you had a very special Thanksgiving. And thanks for your kind regards. I'm taking one day at a time. Your comments really meant a great deal to me, Scott.Big hugs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home