Thursday, November 17, 2005

Tinkerbell

I went to Rugby practice last night. I was in shorts and a t-shirt (layers with other undergarments) running around a field, in the dark, in 40 to 50 degree weather. It was chilly but it felt good. After practice, I went with the team to eat some dinner and then check email at the local coffee shop. I finally trudged my tired and cold butt back home and snuggled with my little cat before drifting off into sleep. It was the end to a good day. It was tiring mentally and physically. Those days offer the best nights sleep.

Fast forward to morning.

I stretch and move the cat curled up beside me out of the way. We have our morning complaints and forced petting until he jumps away and sits beside his food bowl. I look over at the clock and it is states 6:00. As I look at it, something inside me says, "It is wrong. Something is wrong with this picture. The numbers are blinking. The clock is blinking. OHMYGODWHATTIMEISIT?!?!?!"

It was 7:50 am. Apparently, the power had blipped Not too late in the morning, but late enough for me to have to rush out the door in 15 minutes. Normal traffic, normal slow downs, normal drive in to work. My thoughts twist and turn down into the "This is what I HAVE to do today," "This is what I SHOULD do today," and "This is what I AM going to do today" thoughts. Trudging down the hallways, again, noticing that people scatter from me, I make my way to my cube.

And then, I see it. It is a small thing. It hangs there on the wall. I giggle. I regain composure. I smirk. I regain composure. I finally laugh and smile from ear to ear. All the thoughts of what I am doing, how I am doing, when I am doing go down the drain and I just do it. With the thought of, "I will get done what I can and that is that," I start my day with Tinkerbell watching over me.

1 Comments:

At November 18, 2005 12:31 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

I am so glad you have a fairy on your side...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home