Maiming and Entertaining
As some of you might have seen on Friday (11/4/05) in the comments section, my schedule for the weekend involved driving down to Austin and then having some coffee with a fellow blogger in the DFW region : Ms. S’ghetti (Spaghetti and Truthballs).
Maiming
The trip down to Austin was easy. A teammate had a Chevy Suburban and we (all three of us) piled into this behemoth and sucked the gas line dry getting down there. We talked about politics, religion, made crass observations at people driving, the obligatory “I’d do him” at the hotties, and listened to NPR when we could get a station. We rifled though the console and found a CD with some old lady on it giving a scary “Grandmother is going to slip you the tongue when you kiss” look. The CD was this ladies name (I tried hard to forget and it worked) Taps the Oldies. Literally she starts the CD by tap dancing for a good 30 seconds. I giggle. We finally hear the accompanying music and do-wop back up singers before this husky, out of breath lady starts to croak ... err I mean... croon. We almost made it to the end of the CD before we had to put a stop to it. I think I passed out from the sound. It was painful.
We get to the pitch and set up. Insert normal pep talk and stretching and running and stretching and pepping and
We waited around for the free beer and food, flirted and watched the other games. We all went back and got gussied up for the bar crawl in downtown Austin. It was a hoot.
Entertaining
We finally left on Sunday morning. We stopped at Target to buy an iTrip for my iPod. I was not going to listen to tap music on the way back. We sang the Disney sound track for Little Mermaid and Chicago. We also sang the few songs I have for Avenue Q. It was very gay.
We get home and I call Ms. S’ghetti for our clandestine meeting at a restaurant called BULI. I arrived and met Jim (Mr. Salty Pretzel Twist) sitting at a table and informed him we would have company. Ms. S’ghetti arrived (On time!) wearing a fabulous chocolate brown Capri length pants that appeared to be airy and comfortable yet casually chic. The accompanying light rose with a hint of brown tank top style shirt with a hint of glittery sequins that accentuated the left side made the outfit say, “I have arrived!” To top it off, the sunglasses in a very Jackie-O-ish and made the wearer see things through rose colored lenses. This fabulous ensemble made Ms S'ghetti an Ultimate Diva Extrodinaire!
We spent the next 4.5 hours chatting up a storm. We entertained several other guests and incorporated them into our little news cast / comedy hour. We talked about everything from Hanky codes to "Would you rather" questions to what do you do with Barbie when you go to the bathroom (BULI has the bathroom key on a Barbie Doll) to even discussing the quiet lull that inevitably happens in conversations. To be honest, the conversations flowed like old friends that saw each other yesterday: No topics too risque, No topics too trivial. And if, by chance there was a dispute or correction to be made, the laptop came out and goolging commenced. And for the life of me I cannot remember the Drag Queen's name. (Jim - Help?!?!?!)
I have to say that my most favoritest part of the afternoon was the fact that everyone that sat around us tried desperately not to listen in to the conversation. But we saw them grinning and we incorporated them into our entertainment. I think next time, we need props and a handout for the audience, you know, like Oprah does but more catty.
And just to correct Ms. S'ghetti: It is a Reeses-Playdoh-Making-Sue Johannson-and-Desperate-Housewives-Watching-Potluck-Party-and-Artistic-Blog-Event. There will be an update to the RPMSJADHWPPAABE within a few weeks. You all will love it. Honest!
Click here for an additional view of the Sunday afternoon events.

2 Comments:
Ohhhhhhh- The fun was overwhelming....
And you were fabulous too in your birkenstocks and army man shorts!!!!
And Jim with the new jewelry.
by the way the nipple ring pic IS NOT on my desktop- It is on my phone as the wallpaper- get it right.
Hugs and Love.
How could DeAundra Peek be forgotten-
Silly us!
Post a Comment
<< Home