Friday, April 07, 2006

01:02:03 04.05.06

Okay, I know this one is a little late and I am sure you have all heard of the time date thingy that occurred earlier this week. It was a big thing on the news and in cyberland. I think I received multiple messages stating the same thing:

  1. "Isn't this neat!"
  2. "Isn't this cool!!!"
  3. "Wow"
  4. "That won't ever happen again."
  5. "Once in a lifetime event ..."

My responses are consolidated here.

  1. Yeah this is neat from a mathematical perspective. However, we never heard from the 01:02:03 03/02/01 event. That is a palindrome. That is even neater because instead of JUST being a mathematical series it is also an English grammar event!
  2. Too many exclamation points for me to even justify a response. But if I had to, I would revert to answer number 1 after some belittling !!! comments.
  3. Wow! (notice the sly use of a singular exclamation point)
  4. Apparently, you do not understand the number sequence mathematical mumbo-jumbo. This has already happened once per every hundred years: 1906, 1806, 1706, 1606, etc. So from my calculation and from only the year 0 (zero) going forward to today, it has happened 20 times AND will continue every 100 years or so (taking into account leap years and leap seconds and ...) until we blow ourselves up. (WTF, Mate!) And being of sound mathematical mind and body, the last time I checked 20 was greater then 1. So, in conclusion, yes it happened before, yes it did happen this week, yes it will happen again.
  5. Only if you take the average life span into account. We have some individuals that are living well into their 100's. So it is conceivable that they would see this time twice in their lifetime. (insert mental image of a big red REJECT stamp being pounded on their forehead).

Thank You

Society for Intellectual Mail Protocol Leading Education

S.I.M.P.L.E.

3 Comments:

At April 07, 2006 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually later on that day, this happened:

04/05/06 07:08:09 :)

 
At April 07, 2006 4:49 PM, Blogger Mr Pants said...

Oh no you didn't! I am going to have to put a number 6 up there now!

 
At April 07, 2006 6:28 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

OK Scott,

step off of your mathematical soapbox.

Take your bow.

Go sit in a corner while working out really hard sudoku puzzles.

We idiots will disperse shortly.

LOVE!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home