Thursday, March 23, 2006

Cleaning for the Cleaner

I wonder if it is just me or if it is a common occurrence.

I took the current condo/apartment that I am living in for one reason (okay maybe two). It is convenient to the Dallas Tollway and it came with a house cleaner. At first, when I moved in there was not much to mess up because everything was in boxes, bags, etc. But now, I find myself going through the house the night before and morning of the day when she is scheduled to arrive and cleaning / straightening / arranging more artistically, etc so she does not see a mess. At least not a big mess.

Now, I do not make a big mess to begin with, it is more to ensure the bathroom looks nice, the kitchen is not a horrific event, and the kitty litter box is cleaned.

Does anyone else clean before the cleaner get there?

In other news, I got 2 miles from work this morning and realized I left my work laptop at the house. Instead of arriving early, I was late. I hate those types of days.

2 Comments:

At March 23, 2006 10:53 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

I think cleaning for the cleaner is the most ridiculous event. EVER.

But I think most people do it.

 
At March 24, 2006 7:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am in the ame boat as Mr Salty - have never been able to afford a cleaner.
That being said... yes, it seems quite common that people clean before the cleaner comes. Erma Bombeck addressed the phenomenon a couple of times in her books in the mid-seventies (okay; I just dated myself!)
One of my co-workers cleans everything, except the baseboards, which is the primary reason she has a cleaner in every other week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home