Thursday, March 02, 2006

Dilettante mulligrubs!

Bachelor Auction Finale

Many of you have probably already seen the following, but I wanted to show everyone some of the pictures from the Bachelor Auction! The two links (Link 1 and Link 2) show me in my finest. I am not proud, but I went for the same price as 8 Austin Players. Okay so I am proud. I love my friends for not letting me go to the man that wanted more then just dinner and insisted that he would get his way.

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

Well, Friday has come and I am happy-in-a-not-quite-so-happy-way. But it is a day. I am alive. The Sun came up. I heard a bird chirp this morning (or maybe it was a death cry as the evil ninja cat that lives outside my condo pounced on it). Actually had someone smile at me in the office this morning. Too much thought into the business questions at hand. Too little thought in my personal well being. However, I am thankful for all (friends, family, and felines) that I have in my life. Enough of that ...

I have been courted by another manager that would involve moving to another position (in NY just outside of NYC) that I am not sure I want to do at the moment. It has many pluses and a few minuses. There are other potentials here but it is a potential that is kind of iffy. If I stay here and wait for these iffy things to happen, it could be better for me then moving. But, if I wait do I miss an opportunity in NY if the possibilities down here do not pan out. I am in a conundrum and am not sure which way to turn.

I woke up with the few words to the tune "Do I stay or do I go now." Not sure if it is an actual song, but the tune just keeps reverberating in my head. *le sigh*

Calgon, take me away!

[ed note: Spell check tried to change Calgon into Colon. I find that funny this morning]

3 Comments:

At March 03, 2006 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got back from San Francisco last night and was glad to read that you were saved from the clutches of the pushy evil troll.
$700 - very nice! I'm sure your rugby group will appreciate your lucrative participation.
With what prize package were you paired?

 
At March 03, 2006 6:37 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

... And they were prepared to pay more...

 
At March 04, 2006 2:11 PM, Blogger CSCFON said...

Congrats on the opportunity for showing your value in the workforce. Sorry about the opportunity for creating confusion in your life right now. But think of it this way, assuming whichever way you go, you get the best turnout at that location. Therefore you would stay there for a while. So all business things being equal, would you rather live for the next X number of years in Dallas or NY? I know what I would tell you, but I'm biased. I'm a southerner living in Yankee-ville, but I love it. (And I would love to have you up here, but I think I'd have to cage-fight Ms. S'ghetti for ya.) But your happiness where you work is only as important as your happiness where you live, not more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home