Tuesday, March 28, 2006

"Some Gay Couples Adopt to Molest"

In a recent e-mail / publication, it was stated that "[w]e also have seen evidence that homosexual couples prey on young males and have, in some instances, adopted them in order to have unfretted access to subject them to a life of molestation and sexual abuse." These fine words were said by Tennessee Rep. Debra Maggart, R-Hendersonville.

I really do not know where to start. I am appalled and speechless by this statement. That this 'individual' (I refuse to say human and put individual in quotes because I do not consider her in the same species as myself) would be spouting such rhetoric without even considering what the straight world does to adopted children.

A SIMPLE search from Google resulted in numerous news reports about child abuse cases in foster homes and in adoptive homes. The search also showed numerous sites created strictly to help end such tragedies.

Bless Debra Maggart's heart, she must be deaf, dumb and blind to the fact that straight 'individuals' also commit these types of crimes. Pull your lovely poofy hair out of your own butt and actually get the statistics before you start spouting your ugly, backwoods words.

And one more side note: if we take her arguement to heart, then straight couples can not adopt either due to their ability to molest the adoptive children. That would leave single (because she stated that gay couples adopt to molest not a single person) gays, lesbians, bisexuals, transgendereds, questioning, straights, and anyone in between the only ones able to adopt.

1 Comments:

At March 28, 2006 11:38 PM, Blogger CSCFON said...

I would NEVER EVER think of sexually assaulting any child. And I don't know anyone who isn't equally repulsed by the idea of such a thing. Personally, I adopt children for the slave labor. Thanks Lincoln, but that cotton ain't gonna pick ITSELF!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home