Tuesday, December 20, 2005

A few things before the Holiday

Last night I left work at 10:45 PM. I felt like crap. I drove down to BULI's to grab a quick bite to eat before heading home. It was the only non-fast food place that I knew of to get a descent bite.

As I walked in, I ignored everyone. I was tired, exhausted and felt like crap. I walked to the counter, only to be chided by friends for ignoring them. Which I promptly ignored them some more (I was on the phone).

Once my food came, I stared at it while I finished my conversation. Once I did, my friends told me "You look like crap." Now, when you feel like crap and are trying to say that it is almost over and that you can make it and someone says, "You look like crap." kind of makes you just want to hurl. I refrained. Barely. (NB: Babies spit that stuff out, adults swallow it again. Nasty!)

So, I am tired of trying not to post about my job, how stressful it is, blah, blah, blah ...

So that is where I am right now. Working too many hours and not getting a lot of sleep. Friends, I heart them to death, they are a wonderful distraction.

I am going to be with my family for the Holidays. I need to recharge to be able to face the world some more. I might post a few times, but it will be sporadic.

Merry Chrismahanakwanzica!

3 Comments:

At December 20, 2005 6:00 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Honey, that is so sucky.

Would you like for me to stage a sit down strike in your honor?

 
At December 20, 2005 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

take care of your self and have a good holiday

 
At December 21, 2005 7:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott, it was good to run into you on Sunday. I'm sure that fuzzy yummy beard will help keep you warm in the below-freezing Atlantic Coast weather. Be good over the holidays or if not, bring back some good stories about being naughty. Maybe we can do a post-holiday white elephant naughty story gift exchange!

It sounds like you will enjoy the time spent with your family. I know it's always energizing for me to get to hang out with people who share that common history and cultural background as a reminder of Where I Come From, even though we're all building different futures out of the material of that common past. It's good to hear you have a great relationship with them. Hopefully it will give you the rest and recuperation you need to return to the (year of the) rat race!

I'll catch you on the flip side.

-Andy-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home