Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Uber Smiles and Butterfly Kisses

You ever have one of those days? You know the ones, the ones that you can seem to do no wrong?

Well, today is one of those days. I woke up late, ran late to work, ran late to meetings, ran late to lunch, ran through the meetings with reckless abandon, and basically messed up my meticulously created schedule every step of the way.

No matter what went wrong or how it seemed to mess up what I had planned, it worked out. Hmm ... No, it did not JUST work out, it was as if there was an unseen force out there messing everyone elses day up so that it would configure itself to fit within my schedule. I was late to the office - The individuals that I was having a meeting with were later. I stumbled through the first few minutes of the meeting. They could not hear it due to a conference call problem. I got a second chance which went smoothly.

I am not saying that I am special or blessed or charmed or anything of the sort. But there was definately some good mojo following me around today.

Must be my angelic personality ...

Oh, And this is the song that I can not get out of my head today:

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favorite things

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favorite things


4 Comments:

At April 25, 2006 6:35 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Ahhh Perfection.

Maybe the cool weather front brought it to you.

 
At April 25, 2006 6:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If that song persists, we may be forced to perform an exorcism. Glad the day worked out for you.

 
At April 26, 2006 11:54 PM, Blogger CSCFON said...

I like:
-Cream colored ponies in schnitzel-filled mittens
-Girls in white dresses with whiskers like kittens
-Malibu Barbie dolls tied up with strings
-These are a few of my favorite things

 
At April 27, 2006 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Items 2 and 3 can be had nightly at Buli's.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home