Snotman of Slow and Agonizing Sniffle Death
My weekend was a wash. I had grandiose plans of stepping home on Friday and taking a quick power nap, heading out to the after dinner party (Brian and Mark), and then party till the cows come home. I got home and jumped in the bed, set the alarm clock for a quick hour and a half nap and went to sleep. I woke up at 11:30 PM clutching the remote for the alarm clock to my chest.
I jumped out of bed, showered, dressed and ran out the door. I figured the party might still be going strong so I hit all of the bars on the strip to see if I could find any of the Birthday stragglers. After searching for a bit I stopped at the Country Bar and stood there for 15 minutes or so. It was at this point, I felt like crap. I decided to head home. (total time out 1 hour)
Saturday, I slept in and still felt semi-miserable but put on a good game face. I have been trying to locate my keyboard and mouse (Yes, I know, I moved in back in September.) for my PC. I had been using my laptop to get online and check mail and such. At the insistence of a friend (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE), my place became a war zone. The 8' by 10' closet that was packed floor to ceiling with boxes was taken apart. My place still looks like a war zone hit it. I unpacked books (GOBS of books) and toys and memories and stuff I did not know that I had.
Sunday was much the same, sleeping and cleaning and arranging and unpacking. Repeat ad nauseum. And all the time I am doing this, I just feel like crap. That body ache turn to mental sluggishness turn to passing out and drool on your pillow-ish feelings.
Monday, I returned to work to spread my good cheer to everyone here in the office. It is a belated Chrismahanakwanzika gift to them all. I picked it especially for them. I went home early (5:30 PM) and passed out.
Today I got to work and stared at the screen for an hour trying to get motivated. I am not. I want to sleep. So here I sit, waiting for the Snotman of Slow and Agonizing Sniffle Death to take me into the nether regions.

2 Comments:
I'm debating whether to get the jump on CSCFON, who, given what I've seen of his comment history, will undoubtedly scan for the most salacious potential entendre entendre and come up with a reference to being taken into your nether regions.
........
...
...
.......
Naaaah. Better not.
I don't have time for a shtick-trademark infringement suit right now.
Silver and gold have I none, but by the power vested in me by the state of the greeting card aisle and its blessed patron, Hallmark, I now bid thee get well soon!
HAHAHAHA.
Damn. My dastardly plan has been revealed. My modus operandi exposed.
And what, pray tell, is so wrong with acknowledging a man with compliments?
Scott, do you want me to stop? I can be Mary-Poppins with comments from now on.
Post a Comment
<< Home