Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Evil Becomes Me

Between work and life there lies a thin line. The line gets pushed and pulled, broken and repaired, stomped on repeatedly like a frantic man jumping up and down trying to put the fire out on the winning lottery ticket. Once that line is broken, though, it takes a few days to be repaired. Last night was some where in between the breaking and the jumping.

Today I sit in my cube with my noise canceling headphones on, Broadway musicals and Disney music seething from the little speakers. It did spurt out some angry Evanescnce but it brought out the evil in me a little too quickly this morning. The volume is up just shy of the timbre that would make an eye pop. I embrace the establishment of the holy bean and grab the several extra espresso laden caramel macchiato accompanied by the fruit and cheese platter.

Munching and glaring and sipping coffee was my morning. There was only one casualty. It was a quick and painful death. It made me smile.

More spreadsheets and validation is taking place this afternoon. The worst thing is the creation of a whole new report that I should have been working on for the past week but have had little to no time to work on. Unless you count the fact that I did not work on it on Saturday or Sunday, but then again, I am opposed to working on weekend unless absolutely necessary.

I pity the souls in my office. Their sacrifice to the gods will be heartfelt. I shall show my appreciation to the barrista that is supplying me with my espresso drip. He will be rewarded with many riches in this life and the next. To the rest of those that might look at me in such a smallish glance of WTF, you were warned.

Have a rainbow filled day!
Cheers!

2 Comments:

At January 18, 2008 11:12 AM, Blogger Brettcajun said...

WOW! And you are soooo tall too! You could probably pick them up and snap them in two like a twig. I would be scared seeing an angry you! LOL.

 
At January 18, 2008 2:44 PM, Blogger Mr Pants said...

I like to think of myself as the Gentle Giant - with a hint of Viking Rage. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home