Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Work and Woody R.

I truly love my job. I get to travel a little bit. I have some free will / autonomy with when I come and go. Great benefits (FULL partner benefits) and employee incentives. And it is quite awesome that I can stay with family on the weekends or evenings when I travel to certain sites and make it a mini work / family vacation.

I had one friend Woody R. that worked with me back at Nortel. He had a lovely saying when work became difficult and stressful:

I love my job,
I want to do it every day,
for the rest of my life,
until I die.
Amen.


Of course he meant that in a sarcastic way. He also gave me the phrase: Bare it and share it so we all can have a taste. This was said to my brother right after he told Woody to "bite him". But thinking about all the bad things that are happening in this world today, I am just glad that I have a job. That I have a great family. And wonderful, terrific friends, well, the type of friends that like to give and get as much poking and prodding known to man and still live to tell about it

Woody was a quick witted, tounge in cheek, fun man to be around and always made me laugh. I helped him out numerous times (moving into "the love of his life" house, moving out of "the love of his life" house, trips to the beach, parties, dinner/lunches, and sharing my studio apartment) . I lost track of him around 1998. I had moved in with my partner some years prior and chatted infrequently with Woody. I still have the TV I bought off of him. Which was the last time I spoke with him

I wonder where Woody went off too.

I miss my friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home