Friday, August 26, 2005

Boy Friend, Friend who is a boy, Buddy, Person I hang out with ...

Dallas is a strange city. Living in North Carolina, I never had to deal with much gossip. I had my friends we knew as much as the others wanted to share. Never went and told stories or tried to figure out if some one was dating this one or not dating that one. When you saw two guys out eating dinner and such, they were just out eating dinner. Nothing big, no secrets, no need for gossip ... When they decided or if they decided to state publicly that they were each other's BF, then let's have a party, otherwise no mention about it.

Flash forward to Dallas ... After 10 month long "relationship" (more on this later) and stepping back out on the singles bus, I realized that I like just dating. And if I do find the one, then it will go slow (think old fashioned courting). After having a few dates and hanging out with this one guy, I was being asked about my new BF. His friends were coming up to me and asking if we were BF. He got back into town and immediately got questioned multiple times from friends and strangers about his new BF. Questions like: Where is he? Why are you two not together? Did you already break up? Did you know he had lunch with (insert name here)?

It makes you sit back and wonder if these other people have a life to be gossiping about something as trivial and what two people call one another and to be totally honest, if it is any of their business in the first place.

Just for the record, right now we are dating, nothing more, nothing less. And I say to thee gossip vultures, there is a wonderful day old carcass up the road a block. Please feel free to feed endlessly on it and leave me alone.

3 Comments:

At August 26, 2005 11:47 AM, Blogger Mark Floyd-Thaut said...

Well, other then that....How's your new Boyfriend?

 
At August 28, 2005 5:20 AM, Blogger Homer said...

Gosh, people were talking about your new BF here in Tucson!

 
At October 05, 2005 8:41 AM, Blogger buff said...

Scott: That's a good place to be in your life now. enjoy.
I really like reading your blog posts. Full of adventure and fun.
Thanks for sharing. WOOOF

 

Post a Comment

<< Home