Thursday, August 25, 2005

Really?!?

I love it when you sit there talking with someone and you make an innocent statement of fact and you receive the “I-do-not-believe-you-and-will-check-it-out-when-I-get-home-to-ensure-that-you-are-not-trying-to-pull-the-wool-over-my-eyes” response such as “Really?”

For example:

[Scott]----Hey, how’s it going today?
[N-B]------Not much going on here, just sitting here at the coffee shop having an Upside-down-carmel-half-caf-latte-decaf-americano-mocha-soy-chai-espresso-mocha-frapachino with a twist.
[Scott]----Um, yeah, well … Bob told me that he was changing his meeting to Friday to give us more time to discuss the problems?
[N-B]------(Glances over his steaming hot beverage)
[Scott]----Yeah, well, we talked about it and thought it would be a good idea to have more time for a planning session rather then multiple meetings about the same subject.
[N-B]------Oh. (Wait for it … wait for it) Really?
[Scott]----(Insert thoughts of strangulation and general mayhem towards the non-believer)
**N-B = Non Believer

I swear that I had several small conversations yesterday that ended with the words, "Oh, Really." It just put a bee in my britches all day long.

Anyway, it was an awesomely long day that I was glad to have end. I went home, snuggled up on the sofa, with my kitty. Had a little light snack and slept very soundly, right through my alarm (all three of them) before waking up and rushing out the door within 8.5 minutes (that is with shower, shave, ironing a shirt, getting dressed and grabbing food for breakfast). Made it to work with one minute to spare.

Life is good.

Oh, Really!

2 Comments:

At August 25, 2005 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Really??!! huh....interesting.

No, Really!

;)

I completely understand when you tell someone something and they have that look on your face as if you just told them a big fat lie.

Bastards.

 
At August 26, 2005 9:13 AM, Blogger CSCFON said...

? You were almost late for work because you were too lost in the bliss of spooning your cat on the sofa?? ............
........

.........


........

.........

Really?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home