Realization
Warning: Massive run on sentence. Please read it in one breathe like it was stated.
I hate realizing something that someone told you and you said that you didn't believe and that were adamant about the fact that it was and all you could do was deny, deny, deny until you were blue in the face only to turn around and then see that you were snowed and that the person was actually truthful and then you have to go back and apologize for not believing them.
I like to think that everyone speaks the truth. It makes my life much easier not having to try to figure out if someone is truthful or a liar. Less energy expended in trying to figure out, more energy spent in seeing if actions and words correspond to one another.
It all went down a little like this (well, extremly paraphrased and changed to protect the guilty):
Person A: Scott, you know Person B uses drugs all the time.
Scott: No s/he does not! I have never seen it, they always act normal.
Person A: They act normal to you because they have been on it since they have nkown you. You do not know or see any difference.
Scott: I think you are just forwarding gossip.
Person A: You are just blind
[insert a few weeks to a month here]
Person A: [after continuous statements like the one above] You should go to the bathroom.
Scott: Fine, I will!
[Scott arrives just in time to see the 'action' take place. Scott turns and walks out. Person B meanders around club giving Scott furtive glances and then leaves without speaking to Scott.]
Person A: See, I told you.
Scott: [mummbling] yeah, yeah, you were right.
All in all, I think I am too trusting.

2 Comments:
That blows.
For one, I hate I told you so's.
For two, I think it is lovely that there is someone out there that actually trusts people on their word. And it is shit like that that makes people become skeptical pessimists.
And thirdly, Did you run into June's Horhay? Or just a customer of Horhay?!?
Sorry honey, that sucks.
So sorry honey. Call me, we'll chat. I've been around stuff so much in the past, I can spot someone on something a mile away and probably tell you what kind it is....
Post a Comment
<< Home